My name is Kerri Tattuinee, and I am a little Inuk lady from Rankin Inlet, Nunavut. Most recently, I have lived in Iqaluit, Nunavut for two and a half years, but I grew up in the small (hockey) town of Rankin Inlet. Most of my family still lives at home, but I broke away to further my education and understanding about the bigger world of politics. It is my first year in University, all on my own. I applied earlier this year and to my surprise, Acadia accepted my application…and so here I am.
Our weekly tasks will include posting in this blog with five components:
1. ‘Beyond the Text’ – a piece of art, poetry, music lyrics or political cartoon that expands our weekly lectures.
2. Media Analysis – my take on a major news story, and highlight an under-reported story in the media.
3. Research Discovery – each week our professor will assign an online quest to discover an aspect or piece of information mentioned in class.
4. Reflective Journal – our thoughts on seminar books, films, guest speakers and such.
5. Our “question of the week” about an issue/event that has caught my attention.
So, each week I shall return and share my perspective on the tasks listed above.
Here’s to a year of learning about the Politics of Canada in the Law/Politics and Government class with Dr. Cynthia Alexander and my classmates!
Qujannamiik – Thank you!